Hammill & Gillespie is one of the oldest and most respected ceramic supply/distributors in North America. Established in 1848, H&G has provided specialty clays and minerals to the art and pottery market for over 150 years. We are best known for introducing and providing the pottery market with Grolleg, Barnard/Blackbird, Albany Slip, Cornwall Stone, Spanish Red Iron Oxide, and Gillespie Borate. H&G strives to identify and provide the same specialty clays and minerals suitable for potters that have been mined and marketed to industry.
Whether you are a production manufacturer or a small studio, H&G can provide solutions for you formulation needs. Our technical department can provide direction and insight to questions ranging from cost reduction to solution to body and glaze issues. We are committed to providing the art and pottery markets with expertise and material sourcing that rivals the largest of industries.
- Cornish Stone – A Feldspar Unique to England
- Gillespie Borate™ – 1 to 1 Replacement for Gerstley Borate
- Glomax LL – A Calcined Kaolin for Improvment of Plasticity and Shrinkage
- Grolleg™ - The Original English Porcelain Clay
- Hymond™ – A series of Ball Clays with High Plasticity and Low Iron
- Molochite – A Calcined English Porcelain Grog
- Petalite – A Lithium Based Feldspar
- Spanish Red Iron Oxide - A Natural Occuring Pigment
- Standard Porcelain - Pure White Translucency – Porcelain Slip Standard
- Yorkshire English Whiting (Snowcal 40) – Natural English Calcium Carbonate
Get into the discussion today on the H&G “Blog“ page!
- Raw Materials For Potters
- Glaze & Body Formulations
- Grolleg English China Clay
- Types of Ceramic Defects
- Register for Promotions & New Product Information
- PHOTO ARCHIVES
Please see our blog for helpful information on ceramic related questions. You can also contact our helpline with sales or technical questions.
HelpLine: (800) 454-8846